Medical Assisting School
The Medical Assisting School at Elmira Business Institute (EBI) in the Binghamton Area is designed to give students a strong foundation in a medical career. The curriculum offers training in routine administrative and clinical tasks that keeps the medical offices and clinics of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and optometrists running efficiently. Our medical assisting program gives students the knowledge and skills they need for entry-level employment in a medical office or clinic along with the necessary skills in office administration.
Qualified medical assistants need to be knowledgeable and trained in the following aspects in order to be competitive in the field of medicine. Students graduating from EBI College’s medical assisting program will have gained these skills:
- Clerical – updating patient records, filing insurance forms, arranging lab procedures for doctors
- Patient Personal Service – scheduling medical appointments, arranging for hospital admissions, explaining medications to patients
- Clinical – preparing patients for X-rays, recording vital signs, removing stitches, taking blood samples for testing, changing dressings
Medical assistants also perform regular clerical and administrative functions such as answering phones, providing information over the phone, and managing billing and bookkeeping. No medical office can operate well without a medical assistant or an assisting team.
Medical Assisting Program
EBI’s medical assisting program provides these qualifications:
As a leading medical assisting school with students from Owego, Corning, Horseheads, and all over the Binghamton area, we ensure our students earn these key qualifications:
- Ability to prepare and file health insurance paperwork
- Skilled in medical office procedures and computer programs
- Laboratory scheduling and procedures
- Medical administrative practices
As medical technology continues to develop and advance, doctors and nurses are increasingly reliant upon medical assistants to help with a wide range of patient care needs. Medical assistants work in hospitals, inpatient and outpatient facilities, and in the offices of a range of practitioners, including chiropractors, dermatologists, optometrists, etc. With campuses in Elmira and Vestal, EBI is ideal for students who want to train to start a new career in Binghamton, Corning, Horseheads, Ithaca, Watkins Glen and Owego areas of New York, and the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania.
Call Elmira: 607-729-8915 to request more information about the Medical Assistant School and other programs available at the Elmira campus or the Vestal campus, just a short drive from Binghamton and Corning. Or fill in the online form on this page and we’ll contact you shortly.