Medical Assisting Career Specialization
Choose a specialization for your Medical Assisting Career
Are you considering a new career in the healthcare field? If you’re looking for a career in an in-demand field that allows you to truly make a difference in the lives of others, consider the Medical Assistant training program at EBI Career College.
Rising demand for medical assistants
According to the most recent numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of medical assisting jobs is expected to increase 23% by 2028, making it one of the fastest growing job titles in the healthcare industry.
Demand is rising quickly because of the increasing number of group practices, clinics, and other healthcare facilities being created. This offers medical assistants a unique opportunity to choose an area of health care in which to seek employment.
Medical Assisting specializations:
At EBI Career College, we want to help you prepare for your medical assisting career, no matter what path you follow after graduation. Choosing a specialization allows you to enter a field that you find interesting.
- Chiropractic practices: In a chiropractors’ office, medical assistants often focus on office duties, including setting appointments and handling insurance claims, in addition to assisting with treatments.
- Dental offices: Medical Assistants are used in dental offices to handle administrative tasks, as well as assisting with dental procedures.
- Dialysis: MAs in dialysis patient care work with patients on a regular schedule, documenting and delivering treatment, as well as monitoring and assessing patients during the process.
- Obstetrics/Gynecology: OB/GYN MAs typically assist in procedures, take patient histories and schedule appointments.
- Phlebotomist: The primary duty for a phlebotomist is drawing blood from patients and prepare samples for testing.
- Podiatry: In this field, which focuses on foot-related injuries and medical conditions, medical assistants are responsible for prepping patients for procedures as post-surgical care, assisting with splints and casts, and assisting in minor surgery.
Get the training you need for a medical assisting career
Get your new career started with career-focused training at EBI Career College. To learn more about our Medical Assisting degree in Vestal, NY, call 607-729-8915.