Human Resources Career
5 skills needed in a Human Resources career
Are you ready for a career that allows you to truly make a difference in the success of your company? Perhaps you should consider a Human Resources specialist career. At Elmira Business Institute, we offer a career-focused degree program to prepare you to enter the business world and take on a pivotal role in just about any industry.
In addition to the skills and training you’ll receive at EBI, here are 5 important skills every human resources specialist must possess:
- Customer Service: As an HR specialist you’ll be playing the middle-man between a company and it’s employees. Your “people-skills” will really come in handy in order to keep everyone happy.
- Organization: Obviously the more employees a company has, the more responsibilities are likely to fall into your lap. Being able to keep employee records updated will be very important.
- Problem-Solving: When an employee has a problem with the employer or vice-versa, guess whose job it is to arbitrate a solution? A calm, rational mind will help these tense situations.
- Negotiation: Because you will be the liaison between employee and employer, you will need to be able to understand both parties and be able to reach a suitable settlement that both sides will feel is a fair compromise.
- Multi-Tasking: Every day will be different, but a human resources manager typically has a lot on their plate. You need to be able to balance and prioritize your work to best benefit the employees and the company.
Discover your ebi
If you’re ready to begin an exciting new career in the world of human resources, Elmira Business Institute is the place to start. For more information about our Human Resources degree program and the services we offer at EBI, give us a call. Call Elmira: 607-733-7177 Vestal: 607-729-8915 a human resources career today!