Office Technology Classes
What classes can you take in Office Technologies career training?
Technology is everywhere and the modern office is no exception. At Elmira Business Institute, our Office Technologies program can prepare you to make a difference in an office environment. We offer a career-focused curriculum training in the essential office skills necessary for entry-level positions as assistants to executives in a wide variety of business, technical, industrial, or governmental institutions.
We have an industry-experienced faculty to help guide you through your training courses. You can develop such skills as keyboarding, word processing, micro-computer applications and desktop publishing.
Our career-focused office technology classes include:
- Business Organization/Management: This course addresses the organization and operation of retail, wholesale, and service businesses in the form of proprietorship, partnership, and corporations. Emphasis is placed on strategic and tactical planning, critical thinking, and leadership styles.
- Clerical Accounting: This course provides an introduction to fundamental accounting principles that can be used in either service or manufacturing enterprises used in a variety of public and private enterprises.
- Computer Applications: A hands-on course that can teach you basic computer and software knowledge, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Economics: This is a basic overview of macro- and microeconomics theory and practice. The course covers planned and market economic systems, the scarcity and opportunity cost analyzation, as well as the laws of supply and demand.
- Mircocomputing: This course digs into the specifics of designing, developing and maintaining spreadsheets software.
Choose a focus for your educational studies
Students will be able to decide on a medical or legal emphasis in their third and fourth terms. During the final term of study, students participate in an Office Technologies externship, which can provide you with an opportunity to work in the field under the supervision and evaluation of a cooperating business facility and the college.
Contact us today to discover your new Office Technologies career!
Are you ready to begin your new office career? Call Elmira Business Institute today and find out how you can complete your degree in as little as 16 months. To learn more about our Office Technologies degree program in Elmira and Vestal, NY, call 800-NEW START.