Characteristics Of A Successful Medical Office Assistant?
Are you ready for a career that allows you to make a difference in your workplace? If this sounds familiar, perhaps a Medical Office Assistant career is the right path for you. A career in healthcare services is a great way to perform work that is as fulfilling as it is challenging.
A Medical Office Assistant plays an important role in a healthcare facility. Your primary duties will be to perform administrative and clinical around your office and ensure your health practitioners are running efficiently.
Here are 5 important skills you’ll need for a successful Medical Office Assistant career:
- Highly-organized: Depending on where you work, you can be responsible for both administrative and clinical tasks. It’s crucial you are able to keep your work organized and prioritized all while keeping doctors and nurses in your office prepped for patients.
- Team player: A medical office can be a hectic environment and it is important for everyone to be able to work together in order to give patients proper care.
- Adaptable: The healthcare industry is constantly evolving and as a medical office assistant, you must be able to adapt to these changes.
- Communication: Because you will be working with a number of different medical professionals, it will be important to establish excellent lines of communications between everyone to ensure the proper information is sent and received to best serve your patients. Plus, you need to be able to translate medical language into terms your patient can understand.
- Problem solving skills: A medical office assistant must be able to think quickly and often in the heat of the moment. Solving problems without making excuses can be a major part of your job.
- Positive attitude: In some cases, your patients and their families may be dealing with some pretty heavy and emotional issues. It’s important to remain calm and keep a warm, positive attitude to help guide them through difficult times.
Complete your certificate in as little as 8 months!
The Medical Office Assistant certificate training program at Elmira Business Institute can prepare you for an exciting career in the growing health care industry. You’ll master keyboarding, word processing, and microcomputer applications in the medical office assistant classes.
Start your healthcare career today!
Are you ready to begin a new and exciting career as a professional medical office assistant? Call Elmira Business Institute today and find out how you can begin your new career in as little as 8 months! To learn more about Medical Office Assistant certification in Elmira and Vestal, NY, call 800-NEW START.