Medical Assisting Degree
With the steady growth of the healthcare industry, a degree in Medical Assisting can be the foundation for a rewarding and fulfilling career. Medical Assistants work with physicians primarily in outpatient and ambulatory care facilities such as medical clinics and medical offices. They are an integral part of medical offices and work with doctors and patients to ensure the highest quality of patient care.
Graduates with a degree in Medical Assisting are in high demand and the projections are continued growth in the future. They can specialize in a particular branch of medicine such as dermatology, orthopedics, obstetrical, etc. after they graduate. Not only do our graduates have options to grow and learn,but they also enjoy long-term career benefits. There has never been a better time to earn a medical assisting degree. Working professionals in the Binghamton, Corning, Horsehead and Owegoareas of New York can count on the training programs at EBI to give them the edge they need in the job market.
Earn A Medical Assisting Degree
Graduates from EBI’s Medical Assisting Degree program are cross-trained to perform the medical, administrative, and clerical duties required to succeed at their jobs from the first day on.
Administrative duties may include:
- Using computer applications
- Interacting with communications systems
- Updating and filing patient records
- Coding and filling out patient insurance forms
- Using scheduling software
- Managing correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
Medical duties may include:
- Recording patient medical history
- Explaining treatment procedures and prescriptions to patients
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Collecting, preparing, and performing laboratory tests
- Preparing and administering medications
- Clinical procedures such as blood tests, preparing patients for X-rays and stress tests, wound care, routine checks for blood pressure and pulse rate, etc.
- Removing sutures and administering intravenous medication
- And more
With campuses in Elmira and Vestal, EBI is a centrally located career school offering students the opportunity to earn a medical assisting degree without leaving New York state. EBI is ideal for students who want to train to start a new career in Binghamton, Corning, Horseheads, Ithaca, Watkins Glen and Owego areas of New York, and the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania.
Call 1-800-NEW-START to request information about a Degree in Medical Assisting and other medical training programs available at the Elmira campus or the Vestal campus. Or fill in the online form on this page and we’ll contact you shortly.