Business Administration Training
What will you really learn in Business Administration training?
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to manage or own a small business? If you are looking to get your foot in the business world door or you just want to get ahead at your current job, consider Business Administration training at Elmira Business Institute. We can train you with the skills you need to be successful as a small business owner.
Complete your Business Administration degree in as little as 16 months!
Depending on the concentration, the program will consist of either 63 or 66 credits and can be completed in as little as 16 months. We provide the comprehensive courses and hands-on training designed to help you earn the skills and education needed to succeed.
What will you learn at EBI?
At EBI, our industry-experienced faculty is dedicated to providing an in-depth educational experience that can help you become a great asset to any number of companies and organizations when you enter the business world. You can see a breakdown of the program’s training concentration below:
Small business management
This concentration is designed for students who would like to manage or own their own small business. Training and skills include:
- Writing a business plan
- Writing a marketing research plan
- Analyzing how to organize a sole proprietorship, form a partnership and/or incorporate a small business
- Preparing budgets and control costs
- Understanding how to manage a small business
Prepare for the Series 6 and 63 licensing exams as well as the NYS licensing exam in life, accident, and health insurance, should you choose to take them. Training includes:
- Understanding the basics of banking
- Conducting financial planning with clients
- Assisting customers with insurance and financial investment needs
- Analyzing the basics of monetary rules and regulations
- Defining and analyzing the basics of selling investment products
Near the end of your training, you can be eligible to participate in an externship that can provide an opportunity to earn valuable real-world experience in the field of human resources. Here you can learn these skills:
- Writing and performing job evaluations
- Completing job analyses
- Writing job descriptions
- Understanding employee compensation and benefits issues
- Analyzing labor laws and health and safety issues
Start your path to owning your own business at EBI
Get started in a new career today! Earn your Business Administration degree in as little as 16 months from Elmira Business Institute. To learn more about our program in Elmira call 607-733-7177 and Vestal call 607-729-8915.