Human Resources Job Interview
Questions you should ask during your Human Resources job interview
Preparing for a job interview can be tough, but your training and education at Elmira Business Institute can provide a wealth of knowledge about the human resources industry. All you need to do at your interview is show how your education and experience can help the company you’re interested in.
The best thing you can do at your human resources job interview is ask questions. This helps prove just how interested you are in the job. Here are five questions to help you make a great impression at your interview:
- What skills and experiences would make an ideal candidate? This is a great open-ended question that forces the interviewer to describe exactly what they are looking for in an employee. It also gives you a chance for rebuttal and to cover anything you forgot to mention until this point.
- How is success measured for this position? Obviously you are being interviewed because the company wants to know if you can help them become more successful. This question shows you’re already thinking about how you can make a difference.
- Do you offer continuing education and professional training? Sure, you’ve completed your education, but this question shows your willingness to expand your knowledge and experience to ultimately learn the way the company operates.
- Why is this position open? This straightforward question can tell you a great deal about the difficulty of the job and pressure on the position. It will also cue you in as to whether there’s a chance for advancement and could be a clue about the overall happiness of workers.
- What is the next step in the process? This crucial question indicates you’re interested in moving on to that next step and it could present an opportunity to determine where they are in the interview process and how much competition you’re up against.
Begin an exciting new Human Resources career at EBI
Are you ready to say goodbye to your dead end job and begin a career that will make you proud? Our Human Resources certificate program can help you prepare to play a vital role in a number of different industries. To learn more about our career-focused education programs in Elmira and Vestal, NY, call 800-NEW START.